Thursday, May 2, 2013

Blog, how I've missed you...



Happy May!!

Hello readers:

It has been almost 2 whole years since my last post in Aug 2011. Where have I been?!
Well, honestly I lost the motivation to write a while back.
The reason I am back on here is for 2 reasons:

1. I am beginning to write a masters thesis for my speech-language pathology program and I was told that writing every day (a little or a lot) will help keep your focused and motivated to complete the thesis. I think it's working for me so far. :)

2. I read that, in general, people who write a little each day, or make a habit of it, can improve their writing skills (a given), but also improve their creativity and problem-solving skills. Sign me up!!

So, that is why I am back! I also feel more creative, powerful and like I have more of a sense of purpose when writing on here. I have something to do! And life isn't as boring. I also hope to share some new insights and personal revelations with you as the months progress.

___

Where am I at in life?

As I mentioned above, I am entering my 3rd semester in my graduate speech-language pathology program at Eastern Michigan U. So far, so good. I really enjoy my classmates. Everyone is so kind, helpful and approachable. The classes are interesting. I would say I have enjoyed about half and half of them so far. There will always be a class you don't like as much due to many reasons.

Good news is - I'll be entering my first semester of Clinic this Fall, in a short 4-5 months.

___

I am living in Ann Arbor, MI and absolutely love it! So many restaurants, shops, entertainment/culture/arts events. And a beautiful river around which you can walk, picnic, bike, and run. People in Ann Arbor are very active, healthy and well-educated. My kind of people.

___

I am currently sitting in my comfortable 1 bedroom apartment (7 min drive from campus; 5 min drive from Ann Arbor) eating a spread of healthy veggies and carbs. The wind is softly blowing through my patio screen. My bedroom blinds are angrily swaying about clashing against each other while the breeze rushes in. The temperature is about 72 degrees, sunny and a beautiful, and a crisp breeze blows through my building and the town of Ann Arbor.

I am about to watch an episode of Seinfeld and proceed to my sunny patio to work on my thesis. Goal is to write 2 pages of my Lit Review! Lastly, a friendly Google+ hangout with a friend who stutters. Good day.
Thanks for reading!!

Until next time ...

Stutter proudly,

Christine






No comments:

Post a Comment