Friday, July 29, 2011

Painting, Painting, All Day Long

I paint, I paint, I paint all day
I want to go, but I have to stay

The paint fumes waft up my nose
Not as pretty smelling as a red, red rose

Stuck in a muggy building, the sweat drips down
And a clean rag to wipe my sweat cannot be found

It is now lunchtime
I only have a yogurt, carrots and a lime

I lay the drop cloths and set up the ladder
But as soon as I lay on the paint, it begins to splatter

.... and that's all I got now.

I'm out!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Christine,

    Very good use of the lyrical rhyming, and now I will pay tribute by writing a limerick about you:

    There once was a girl named Christine from Indiana,
    Who learned how to have a sweet, compassionate personality from her nana.
    Her heart began to grow by joining the NSA,
    It was such a glorious day,
    And now she exudes radiance!

    ReplyDelete