Monday, April 18, 2011

Job Searching!

So it's been a little over a month since I started job searching. I'm going to defer graduate school for a year, that is, if I even get in, and go work in the public schools as a Speech Language Assistant for a year!

I've already had three informational interviews, all of which went really well. I also have three job shadowing days set up to observe SLPs working with young children in the schools. I'm excited about this!

The people at South Bend Schools that met with me were very nice, and the one man, Chuck, told me that he was very impressed with me (my manners, eye contact, etc.). And then, of course, I added, ... "Oh, and I'm bilingual too." Just to impress them more. :))

But I'm feeling confident about everything and I'm ready to start applying soon.
Wish me luck!!

Christine

No comments:

Post a Comment